OFSTED 2015 - Good with Outstanding behaviour and safety
- All leaders, including governors, have worked hard to establish a school which pupils are proud of and where they are made to feel special. They have ensured that teaching is good across the school.
- Provision in the early years is good. Children enjoy learning and make good progress.
- All groups of pupils make good progress in all year groups. Those pupils that join the school part-way through the year catch up quickly.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge and use questioning well to motivate and engage pupils in their learning.
- The federation provides effective support for all leaders which is helping to drive improvements quickly, especially in the quality of teaching.
- Pupils feel extremely safe. Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary in lessons and around the school. Attendance is above average because pupils enjoy coming to school.
- The curriculum is highly effective in the way it promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. This is strongly reflected in the way pupils show high levels of care and respect for each other.
Please click below to read our latest Ofsted report:
We would also encourage all parents and carers of children at Charleton Primary to take a few minutes and contribute to Parent View, which gives you a chance to tell Ofsted what you think about our school.
For more information, please click on the link below...